Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Oh to be undignified

Brenda and I stayed at the Windsor Inn formerly EconoLodge South, Petoskey MI.  We often choose EconoLodge, finding prices pretty good as well as accommodations.  We had stayed there a few years ago too.  There is a section about two feet wide between the parking lot and the hotel filled with 1-2" stones.  Of course, being in Petoskey, Brenda assumes most of them are "Petoskey Stones".  On our last visit Brenda spent all of her spare time crawling in the stones with her water spray bottle looking for her treasures.  This trip was no different.  As we were unloading we met our hotel neighbors and Brenda shared her story of the treasures right in front of us.  Later, I left to go fill up the Harley so Brenda decided to resume her crawling in the rocks in front of the hotel.  I passed our newly made friends as they returned from dinner.  I knew they would drive up and find my not so dignified wife crawling in the rocks looking for a precious overlooked 'Petoskey Stone'.  Oh well, I went and filled the bike and purchased a few snacks for our hotel room.  Heading back I would have expected to find Brenda still crawling in the rocks with her spray bottle and the new neighbors sitting in their lawn chairs with a smirk.  What I found when I rode up was both them crawling in the rocks.  "Brenda showed us what to look for and we have already found one!"  Brenda was in our room tidying up the place.  Yep, Brenda's great personality shines through again!.

No comments:

Post a Comment